2. Pellets 8mm
3. 6-8 mm DIN+ Quality Pellets
4. We manufacture and sell fuel pellets from straw to European countries
5. Sell wood pellets
6. Wood pellet manufacturing
7. Sunflower Husk Pellets
8. Din Plus Wood Pellets
9. Export of sunflower husk pellets to the European market
10. Export of sunflower husk pellets to the European market
Market rooftop covered by 6,000 solar panelsMon-13-2016
London's Hounslow council has installed 6,000 solar panels on a wholesale market rooftop, which it says makes it the largest such array put up by a local authority.
More power from the panels
The London Borough said the £2m project, which used the roof of Western International Market, is also the first by a council to adopt battery storage to maximise the power from the panels.
It uses 6,069 panels in total, generates 1.73 megawatts (MW) and stores some of its energy in four 60kW lithium batteries. The system now generates approximately half the site's required electricity.
The site is west London's largest wholesale market for fresh produce and flowers and uses around 3.5 megawatt hours (MWh) of electricity to provide climate-controlled facilities to around 80 wholesalers and buyers, the equivalent of powering 1,750 homes a year.
Hounslow council, which owns the market near Heathrow Airport, says the solar system will contribute two per cent of its carbon reduction target, cutting emissions by more than 780 tonnes a year.
Great savings on electricity
The project is set to save the council £148,000 in energy costs which, along with £100,000 in generation tariff payments and £7,000 export tariffs, means that the council expects to be £255,000 better off in the first year of operation.
Charles Pipe, energy manager at Hounslow, said: "From the very beginning, this project has been about reducing our carbon footprint and making an investment for the future.
"But we have achieved so much more than that. Not only can we expect to see immediate savings on our electricity bills, but we are expecting to see a return on this investment in about five years."
LG Electronics, one of Hounslow's partners in the scheme, said it was the company's largest solar panel installation in Europe and would deliver significant costs savings to the borough.
Bob Mills, LG Solar's UK senior solar sales manager, said: "The project has set the wheels in motion for further investment and research into the potential of battery storage, which is set to revolutionise the solar industry."
In March 13,860 solar panels were installed on the roof of a massive logistics site in Telford to make one of the largest rooftop solar plants in the UK.
Any copying and distributing withoutactive hyperlink is strictly prohibited!
Biomass Related News
- In Ukraine the number of solid fuel (wood pellets) producers in 2011 - 2012 doubled
- Paul Ryan's Clean Energy Budget would lock Americans into paying high prices
- New revolutionary research in solar energy
- Wheatfield government provides solar panel moratorium
- New South Wales sets solar energy world record
- USDA's program of growing and harvesting biomass for energy
- Drax Power Station in Britain becomes visitor attraction
- Energy-saving lightbulbs can spoil sleep
- German wood pellets have fallen in price in the first quarter of the year 2015
- How to make wood charcoal
© Ukrainian Biofuel Suppliers 2008-2018