2. Pellets 8mm
3. 6-8 mm DIN+ Quality Pellets
4. We manufacture and sell fuel pellets from straw to European countries
5. Sell wood pellets
6. Chernovizka area
7. Sunflower Husk Pellets
8. Din Plus Wood Pellets
9. Export of sunflower husk pellets to the European market
10. Export of sunflower husk pellets to the European market
Space mission to measure biomass will give projections of climate changeSat-11-2016
A mission to measure the Earth’s biomass is closer to launch after a contract to build its necessary technology was agreed.
The BIOMASS system will use a highly advanced radar system to create a 3D map of the world’s forests to better understand the carbon cycle.
Professor Shaun Quegan, who is leading the mission, said: “This mission will give us unprecedented insight into the structure of forests across the world and how changes in forests, both losses from deforestation and gains due to regrowth and reforestation, are affecting the amount of carbon dioxide going into our atmosphere.”
The mission, due to launch in 2021, will be the seventh mission of the European Space Agency’s (ESA) Earth Explorer programme. Currently, most biomass estimates are taken using ground based measurements. However these are scarce and so give wildly varying projections of climate change.
Professor Quegan said: “Understanding how the amount of living material – biomass – in our global forests changes over time is necessary for improving present and future assessments of the global carbon cycle, and therefore our climate.”
Radar sensor for biomass
BIOMASS will use a 70cm wavelength radar sensor to probe both the forests’ height and how much wood they contain at a scale of 200m. It will also provide information on ice-sheet motion, the Earth’s upper atmosphere and subsurface geology in arid regions.
Professor Quegan will work with the ESA, Airbus and the BIOMASS Mission Advisory Group to calibrate radar measurements to not be affected by the ionosphere. They will also investigate how to combine different radar modes with ground data and other satellites’ data to calculate biomass estimates.
Any copying and distributing withoutactive hyperlink is strictly prohibited!
Biomass Related News
- Solar power battery charging becomes reality
- White Dog Labs has new innovative fermentation technology
- 4 US ethanol plants are to be sold by Abengoa Bioenergy
- The largest rooftop solar power plant in the world
- Cereal straw in Australia can be bioenergy feedstocks
- Changing of Neutral rating for Drax Group
- Refining biomass in Italy
- Ikea invests in renewable energy in UK selling solar panel
- One of the world's biggest solar rooftop power plants claimed by India
- Greenleaf Power LLC is taking over Plainfield Renewable Energy
© Ukrainian Biofuel Suppliers 2008-2018