2. Pellets 8mm
3. 6-8 mm DIN+ Quality Pellets
4. We manufacture and sell fuel pellets from straw to European countries
5. Sell wood pellets
6. Wood pellet manufacturing
7. Sunflower Husk Pellets
8. Din Plus Wood Pellets
9. Export of sunflower husk pellets to the European market
10. Export of sunflower husk pellets to the European market
New renewable systems that provide enough energySat-18-2016
The Internet of Things (IoT) revolution will bring a rise in productivity and lower time spent on a single process, but something not factored into the surge in connected devices is energy consumption.
That may lead to an increase in carbon emissions, if smart city planners are unable to develop renewable systems that provide enough energy while not being intrusive to daily life, like wind turbines.
System utilizes both kind of energie
Fortunately, researchers at Georgia Institute of Technology and the National Center for Nanoscience and Technology in Beijing have built a renewable system that fits on top of buildings and utilizes both wind and solar power in one convenient system.
“To realize the sustainable energy supply in a smart city, it is essential to maximize energy scavenging from the city environments for achieving the self-powered functions of some intelligent devices and sensors,” said the team in an ACS Nano publication. “Although the solar energy can be well harvested by using existing technologies, large amounts of wasted wind energy in the city cannot be effectively utilized since conventional wind turbine generators can only be installed in remote areas due to their large volumes and safety issues.”
Two new nanogenerators that can scavenge solar and wind energies
“Here, we rationally design a hybridized nanogenerator, including a solar cell and a triboelectric nanogenerator, that can individually/simultaneously scavenge solar and wind energies, which can be extensively installed on the roofs of the city buildings.”
The system is capable of harvesting 8 milliWatts of solar power and 26 milliWatts of wind power, enough to power 3,400 LED lights. For low power IoT devices, this is perfect as it doesn’t require a huge amount of space and is fully renewable energy.
There are other ways to harvest wind energy without using turbines. Plenty of smart cities are adding small wind turbines to new homes, alongside solar panels, to harvest the most renewable energy possible.
However, wind energy has become a secondary cause for many, as solar panel sales skyrocket. Part of the reason for wind turbines lack of success is the lack of energy produced by small turbines, something that the team of researchers appear to have fixed with their dual setup.
Any copying and distributing withoutactive hyperlink is strictly prohibited!
Biomass Related News
- How to make coconut shell charcoal
- Solar storage to appear in London
- Market rooftop covered by 6,000 solar panels
- New solar panel breakthrough
- Energy-saving lightbulbs can spoil sleep
- Ikea invests in renewable energy in UK selling solar panel
- 6,000 solar panels have been installed over marketplace in London
- Electricity generation from biomass
- 40000 solar panels are to be installed in Wales
- Growing bioproducts workforce
© Ukrainian Biofuel Suppliers 2008-2018