2. Pellets 8mm
3. 6-8 mm DIN+ Quality Pellets
4. We manufacture and sell fuel pellets from straw to European countries
5. Sell wood pellets
6. Chernovizka area
7. Sunflower Husk Pellets
8. Din Plus Wood Pellets
9. Export of sunflower husk pellets to the European market
10. Export of sunflower husk pellets to the European market
The largest rooftop solar arrayTue-14-2016
The Borough of Hounslow in the U.K. capital has invested GBP 2 million in a 1.73 MW rooftop solar array that will be supported by an onsite storage facility – the largest of its kind in the country.
6,069 solar panels meet half the energy needs
Installed atop a wholesale market in the London borough of Hounslow, 6,069 solar panels combine to form a 1.73 MW array, supported by four 60 kW lithium-ion batteries that serve to store solar energy for use around-the-clock.
The installation, fitted at a cost of £2 million ($2.93 million) meets half the energy needs of the Western International Market, and is noteworthy for being the largest such array to be backed by a local authority in the U.K.
Inside the warehouse, 80 traders in fresh produce and flowers toil daily, consuming 3.5 MWh of electricity annually. With a solar array now installed, Hounslow Council calculate that the facility will save £148,000 per year in energy costs, generating £100,000 in tariff payments and £7,000 in export tariffs. Over the array’s first year, the council will be some £255,000 better off – having also contributed 2% to its carbon reduction target.
Investment for the future which is set to revolutionize the solar industry
"From the very beginning, this project has been about reducing our carbon footprint and making an investment for the future," said Hounslow Council energy manager Charles Pipe. "But we have achieved so much more than that. Not only can we expect to see immediate savings on our electricity bills, but we are expecting to see a return on this investment in around five years."
The solar modules were supplied by LG, with Germany’s Tesvolt shipping its commercial-scale lithium-ion batteries to the Western London site for installation next to the array. Israel’s SolarEdge was also called upon to supply its DC power optimizers and inverters.
"This is LG’s largest solar panel installation in Europe and testament to Britain’s continued commitment to renewables," said LG Solar UK senior solar sales manager Bob Mills. "What’s more, the project has set the wheels in motion for further investment and research into the potential of battery storage, which is set to revolutionize the solar industry."
Any copying and distributing withoutactive hyperlink is strictly prohibited!
Biomass Related News
- Burning wood biomass: an opportunity or a problem?
- Great changes in viability and profitability of solar power
- New pellet markets in Southern Europe
- Chemical properties of charcoal
- German wood pellets have fallen in price in the first quarter of the year 2015
- GEs Distributed Power business is to supply biomass gasification solution
- Ikea invests in renewable energy in UK selling solar panel
- Current biomass energy sources in Slovenia
- Plant runs solely on biomass
- Green light for build AD plant
© Ukrainian Biofuel Suppliers 2008-2016