2. Pellets 8mm
3. 6-8 mm DIN+ Quality Pellets
4. We manufacture and sell fuel pellets from straw to European countries
5. Sell wood pellets
6. Chernovizka area
7. Sunflower Husk Pellets
8. Din Plus Wood Pellets
9. Export of sunflower husk pellets to the European market
10. Export of sunflower husk pellets to the European market
Drax is criticised over use of subsidies for coal and wood-burning power stationTue-14-2016
Drax faced protests during its annual general meeting in London over its use of public subsidies to support its massive coal and wood-burning power station.
Banners were unfurled by campaigners seeking to “axe Drax” outside its AGM in the capital on Wednesday, as well as at the Drax power station site near Selby, North Yorkshire.
Duncan Law, from the Biofuelwatch campaign group, said: “DECC [the Department of Energy and Climate Change] are calling biomass burning in power stations like Drax a ‘transition technology’, and a closer look at Drax’s strongly suggests that the power station’s lifespan is indeed limited.
“But the impacts of the logging in the US, which is feeding Drax today, will be long-lasting, if not permanent. Precious wetland forests, once they have been cut down, may never recover.”
Protesters want to get back their subsidies
Protesters claim Drax is receiving more than £1m a day of renewable energy subsidies for burning wood, ultimately paid for by bill payers. The biofuel is being used alongside coal that has particularly heavy carbon emissions, which the energy secretary, Amber Rudd, has pledged to phase out by 2025.
Drax wants to move to complitely wood burning
Drax has said biofuel from properly controlled and sustainable forests brings an 80% carbon saving over coal on a lifecycle basis. Philip Cox, the company’s chairman, told the AGM that wood burning was “the fastest, safest and most affordable means by which the UK can move away from coal”.
He said the company only sourced wood from countries that have huge working forests and where wood use was heavily regulated: “We never source from areas that are officially protected or where our activities would harm endangered species.”
Drax, the biggest single power station in Britain at 4 gigawatts, providing 8% of the country’s electricity, used to burn 10m tonnes of coal a year but it was reduced to 6m last year as the facility was switched to a mixture of coal and wood.
Drax has said it would like to move to 100% wood burning within three years but it will require further financial aid from ministers to do so, with talks about this strategy currently under way.
Any copying and distributing withoutactive hyperlink is strictly prohibited!
Biomass Related News
- Biomass and bioenergy
- Carlisle Business Park is to produce 15 million gallons of biofuel a year
- Biomass will allow tribes to leverage or use their biggest asset
- New photovoltaics research in solar cell efficiency
- Small wood pellet fired biomass plant
- Renewable energy sources as an investment trend
- Ukrainian Biofuel Portal assists in purchasing pellets manufactured in Ukraine
- An electric vehicle is a better investment than roof-top solar
- Providing renewal security to Drax Power Station
- Saving Energy for generic electricity consumers
© Ukrainian Biofuel Suppliers 2008-2018