2. Pellets 8mm
3. 6-8 mm DIN+ Quality Pellets
4. We manufacture and sell fuel pellets from straw to European countries
5. Sell wood pellets
6. Chernovizka area
7. Sunflower Husk Pellets
8. Din Plus Wood Pellets
9. Export of sunflower husk pellets to the European market
10. Export of sunflower husk pellets to the European market
Leidos Inc. is selling its Plainfield biomass power plantThu-01-1970
Leidos Inc. is selling its Plainfield wood-fired power plant to Greenleaf Power, a Sacramento company that is buying biomass plants across North America. Greenleaf Power announced Wednesday it has agreed to buy the 37.5-megawatt power plant in a deal it expects to close later this year.
The company bought four California biomass plants in 2010 and 2011 and a Canadian plant in 2013. In a statement, Greenleaf President Hugh Smith said, "Plainfield solidifies Greenleaf Power's presence throughout North America as the leading owner-operator of biomass power facilities." He added, "This facility holds tremendous promise and we look forward to working closely with the Plainfield community." The Plainfield Renewable Energy plant incinerates wood from construction waste and other sources that would otherwise be openly burned or dumped in a landfill, said Greenleaf, which is majority-owned and managed by Denham Capital, a Boston private equity firm.
The young biomass plant, a project initially valued at $225 million, has already shifted ownership once. In October 2013, as the secured lender on the project, Leidos Holdings took the title to the plant from the initial owner, Enova Energy Group, which failed to complete construction on the facility. Months later, the biomass plant began producing power and selling it to Connecticut Light & Power under Connecticut's clean power program known as Project 150. But operation of the plant proved difficult for Leidos. The plant failed to be profitable for the company and suffered numerous shutdowns over the last year, according to Leidos.
Any copying and distributing withoutactive hyperlink is strictly prohibited!
Biomass Related News
- Approved the price ceiling for the April wind-and-biomass energy auction
- 150-Year-Old Galapagos tortoise Dies at San Diego Zoo
- Charcoal kiln construction and features
- GEs Distributed Power business is to supply biomass gasification solution
- Ikea invests in renewable energy in UK selling solar panel
- The largest rooftop solar power plant in the world
- Analysis of the Ukrainian market of sunflower husk pellets
- Floating solar panels generating green energy
- Alstom is to conclude two biomass deals in the UK
- Public hearing on solar panel
© Ukrainian Biofuel Suppliers 2008-2016