2. Pellets 8mm
3. 6-8 mm DIN+ Quality Pellets
4. We manufacture and sell fuel pellets from straw to European countries
5. Sell wood pellets
6. Wood pellet manufacturing
7. Sunflower Husk Pellets
8. Din Plus Wood Pellets
9. Export of sunflower husk pellets to the European market
10. Export of sunflower husk pellets to the European market
Leidos Inc. is selling its Plainfield biomass power plantThu-01-1970
Leidos Inc. is selling its Plainfield wood-fired power plant to Greenleaf Power, a Sacramento company that is buying biomass plants across North America. Greenleaf Power announced Wednesday it has agreed to buy the 37.5-megawatt power plant in a deal it expects to close later this year.
The company bought four California biomass plants in 2010 and 2011 and a Canadian plant in 2013. In a statement, Greenleaf President Hugh Smith said, "Plainfield solidifies Greenleaf Power's presence throughout North America as the leading owner-operator of biomass power facilities." He added, "This facility holds tremendous promise and we look forward to working closely with the Plainfield community." The Plainfield Renewable Energy plant incinerates wood from construction waste and other sources that would otherwise be openly burned or dumped in a landfill, said Greenleaf, which is majority-owned and managed by Denham Capital, a Boston private equity firm.
The young biomass plant, a project initially valued at $225 million, has already shifted ownership once. In October 2013, as the secured lender on the project, Leidos Holdings took the title to the plant from the initial owner, Enova Energy Group, which failed to complete construction on the facility. Months later, the biomass plant began producing power and selling it to Connecticut Light & Power under Connecticut's clean power program known as Project 150. But operation of the plant proved difficult for Leidos. The plant failed to be profitable for the company and suffered numerous shutdowns over the last year, according to Leidos.
Any copying and distributing withoutactive hyperlink is strictly prohibited!
Biomass Related News
- Energy for cities in the future
- In 2012 the number of straw pellet sellers in Ukraine increased by 45%
- Solar power battery charging becomes reality
- Spanish renewable energy firm wants to sell plants
- Plant runs solely on biomass
- How to make wood charcoal
- Torrefied pellets: market growth in 2015
- Current biomass energy sources in Slovenia
- New South Wales sets solar energy world record
- Greg Barker blamed Big Six electricity providers for its failure
© Ukrainian Biofuel Suppliers 2008-2018